All In a Weekend
February 14, 2011
::A New Perspective::
::Time in the Kitchen
::A Sweet Treat::
Hope your weekend was as sweet as ours!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- We now have a Learning Tower in our home! There’s something to be said for giving little ones the opportunity to safely experience and learn about their environment at our level. We purchased ours as locally as we could, at Jillian’s Drawers.
- O is washing his hands in a “hand-washing station” I set up for him after painting. It is simply a bowl of warm water with a squirt of his Burt’s Bees baby soap and a wash cloth (all on a towel). He washed his hands himself and then helped me dump the water down the sink… He had the opportunity to care for himself “independently” and mama didn’t have to struggle to get the paint off his hands. Worked like a charm!
- The bread is from the Tassajara Bread Book. We like to use molasses to sweeten.
- O’s knitted vest is the simplest variation of the Milo. Ravelry notes here.
- The chocolate chip cookie is the TCCCC from Baking Illustrated.